Sunday, November 1, 2009

For Mom

What I am going to write cannot explain the feelings in my heart, nor could the tears flowing down my cheeks express the depth of value or the irreplaceable worth of a mother. Nevertheless I make my feeble attempt.


A mother is a gift from God. She is a grace; I do not deserve her and there is nothing I could do to merit her love. She loved me before err I was born. She loved me when I was weak and helpless. She loved me when I rebelled and scorned her. She loves me.

I owe a debt I cannot repay; Indebted for every hug, every kiss, every loving caress. How could I pay back the sacrifice she made for me? the pains, the sleepless night, the prayers, and every tear she shed on my behalf.

I still hear her voice singing to me at night, those songs I know so well; reassuring me that I am loved now as I was then. Every song, every hymn, every story echo through my memories of yesterday and shed their music onto the hopes of tomorrow.

I can never forget all you gave me; your care and tenderness, your compassion and pity, your time and money. Yet you gave one thing which time shall never tarnish nor shall life's thorns diminish its glow in my heart: you gave yourself.

Neither will I cease to forget all that you took from me; In my loneliness you took my sorrow, in my sickness you stole my pains, in my deepest griefs you wiped away my tears with your gentle touch.

A mother is a gift from God; a gift I do not deserve and cannot repay. Thank you God for my mommy.


I love you mom. I miss you so much.

5 comments:

Aaroneous said...

Wow that made me cry fast...

JLS said...

NOAH - That was beautiful. Absolutely Beautiful !!

J Shorter
a NJ Mother

blondevue... said...

What a blessings Mom's are.
Thank you for sharing this on here Noah, it brings many thanks to God for who He has put in my life, my own Mother.
Prayers,
Tori

Renee said...

Amen

Unknown said...

Oh....my dear Noah Bear. I share with you in the tears streaming down my face as they have yours as you shared your heart. I thank God for His awesome gift to me from the moment that you became a life within me. I was also given a great responsibility to love and care for you which you have always made easy to do....even though now I have to do it quietly by myself with you so far away on this earthly planet. You owe no debt......my love is freely given and has brought me more joy than I could have hoped for in this life. I can see into the unconditional love of the Father because in being a mother I love you no matter where you are, what you are doing, through any struggles, strengths, weaknesses and will bear you in my heart always. I miss you so.....
Following are the words to a song by Emmylou Harris that brings me to tears everytime I listen to it but truly describes the depth of love that this mother feels for you. Oh what joy that God has given us the ability to love and feel so much in this life. To Love is the only commandment He ever gave us......everything is summed up in that.
I love you!

Those lives were mine to love and cherish.
To guard and guide along life's way.
Oh God forbid that one should perish.
That one alas should go astray.

Back in the years with all together,
Around the place we'd romp and play.
So lonely now and oft' times wonder,
Oh will they come back home some day.

I'm lonesome for my precious children,
They live so far away.
Oh may they hear my calling...calling..
and come back home some day.

I gave my all for my dear children,
Their problems still with love I share,
I'd brave life's storm, defy the tempest
To bring them home from anywhere.

I lived my life my love I gave them,
to guide them through this world of strife,
I hope and pray we'll live together,
In that great glad here after life.

I'm lonesome for my precious children,
They live so far away.
Oh may they hear my calling...calling.. and come back home some day.