Monday, September 1, 2008

A list of highlights

Since I am not sure when the next time that I will have access to the internet will be I figured I better make a quick post (quick because it is midnight and I'm tired) about the last week here on the east coast. It has been an incredibly fast week, but I've been able to see a little of the east coast (and it doesn't seem as different as I anticipated), and meet lots of great and interesting people. Here is a quick list of highlights (maybe good or bad) as I see them
- Meeting the Hammetts and/or getting to know them a little better. I really had a great time with them all and was able to learn alot. For instance I learned Sam has a hard head and plays defense with it in basketball...
- Meeting the Shorters: I left for New Jersey on saturday morning and have been staying at the Shorter's residence since. It has been a lot of fun. They really treat me like part of the family, and I kinda even feel like part of the family. Mr Shorter speaks a little bit of Arabic, which was really cool. It really is too bad I am always leaving the people I would like to stay longer with...
- Giving presentations and speaking at the Hammett's and Shorter's. Both nights went well. I ended up speaking all day in New Jersey. During the evening presentation I spoke for almost three hours, including the Q and A session. The people seemed to be very interested in the material.
- Getting to see some of the sights and do different things: I went to Philidelphia and will got to New York tomorrow. We went canoing today and then bowling afterwards. On sunday I met some great Korean people and they invited us for authenticate korean food, which was really good.

OK, there is lots more, but it will have to wait. I'll leave you with a couple pictures

This is me at the Liberty Bell...its kinda dark...


This is a statue of ol' George, our first President, standing next to bro. Shorter's daughter Christian. I had fun harassing her, it reminded me of my sister. While I was at the museum I learned that Washington was like 6'4"...I didn't know that. Guess you learn stuff at museums

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuts, daw palagpat imo blog.

Joyce said...

Your welcome back to NJ any time you want! You have a place to stay.

It was a great listening to your adventures. And Sunday was a great day! Thanks again.

Chuck and Joyce

Jenn said...

Glad to hear that you are having a good time. We all miss you already. We are praying for you. Phil and Jenn