Saturday, June 28, 2008

Heading down south

Well, it is hard to believe that I have been back in Alaska almost a month. I really don't know where the time has gone. I am having a great time being here, and am really excited to go down and see my mom and sister in a couple days. I've been trying to stay up with Arabic by reading news articles and watching some news clips. The other day I finally got a hold of my Sudanese friend here in fairbanks and we went and had coffee together. It was great to speak arabic again, and I was happy that I could understand him so well, because he speaks the sudanese dialect. I am hoping I will get a few more chances to hang out with him before I go.
It is also really great to see all my old friends in Fairbanks/North Pole. I wish I was able to spend more time with everyone, and hopefully I will be able to. I know that time is going to continue to fly by, and that soon I will be leaving again. But hopefully I'll get a couple hiking trips and volleyball games in before I make for the Middle East again.
I don't really have anything important or amusing to say...not even an interesting story, sorry. Here are a few pictures. One of the place I am staying in, and another one of...my niece, surprise! (from a couple weeks ago)

2 comments:

blondevue... said...

She's very cute Noah!
Have a great 4th of July, enjoy the time with your family.
Tori

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.