Thursday, June 5, 2008

Back in Alaska

Hey Everyone, this is a quick post just to let you know I made is safely back to Alaska (after traveling for 42 hours from Dubai). Things are going well. I've got a really nice place to stay (and I'll post pictures of it later) with a very nice roommate. It is a little strange being back in Alaska, and it is taking me a little to readjust to life here. Luckily I was only gone about a year so readjustment is going pretty smooth, but there are certain things that are weird, like the way people drive here and the fact the everything works and that no one speaks Arabic. I actually miss speaking Arabic very very much, so I am going to try and find some one here that is Arab.

This is a picture of downtown Dubai from the beach. It is a crazy place; man made islands, indoor ski slopes, gas that costs 60 cents...

This is what was waiting for me in Alaska, my niece! she was really different than the last time I saw her, but apparently she somewhat remembered me. She likes cats, which she calls 'meow meow'.

I'll post more later, or try really hard to anyway.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Noah,

If you want to speak Arabic to someone you should know where to find them! {:0)

The Forts
[Chicago... Remember??]

Anonymous said...

I think we missed you by a day.
:O(
Bek

Cove Girl said...

That kind of travel can really take a toll. It took me forever to get back to WA when I was in Bahrain. Hopefully the jet lag wasn't to bad.

~Kluane said...

Your neice is very cute=o) and you can talk Arabic here...just no one can understand you=o)

~Kluane said...

oops...sorry about my spelling...=o) I meant:
Your niece is very cute=o)