Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Outside Alaska, inside America

I guess not everyone will agree with that title, but probably cause they are not alaskan. I figure that any time you have to spend 10 hours on a plane you must be in a new country...I arrived safe and sound (as sound as I can be) into Philadelphia and rode back to Emmaus with the Hammetts. I got to meet pastor Hammett and had a good time with him and George. I've almost met the whole family.
I had a really great last week in Alaska, except for the fact that it was the last week. My brother came up from Juneau and stayed for four days. We didn't do anything especially exciting, but we didn't need to. Any time with my brother and dad is special. It was hard saying good bye to everyone (again), but it was kinda short and sweet and I was busy enough that I didn't have time to think about it much, which always makes it easier for me. It seems like each time I leave it becomes easier. I don't know if that is a good thing or bad...some of both I suppose.
I am looking forward to the week here on the east coast. I am not sure if I will do anything specific, but I'm sure I'll get to meet alot of people, which is the part that I love the most of any new place.
Anyway, here are some randomly arranged pictures:

Left to right (obviously): Monk (brother), Dad (dad's are always just Dad), and Me. I love this picture. I have very few moments when we are together, and I miss it very very much. I learned so much about life from my dad and brother...

No post would be complete without a picture of my neice. It is old, but she's still cute. The dog is my dad's new puppy.
This is a picture from our Denali trip (with George and Kristin)...One of the many reasons Alaska is amazing.


These two pictures are from the Chitina trip. The mountains are incredible...I wish the Middle East had some.
I actually don't fillet fish very often. My mom is so good at it that it was just foolish to do it when she is around, nevertheless I know how to do it, and was even able to fool Rebekah into thinking I knew enough to teach her...she actually did a good job (good student, not teacher).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you knew everything about fish. :)

Jenn said...

Praying for you Noah! The McBroom's