Monday, December 17, 2007

Another Holiday...

I started to feel guilty about not writing for almost two weeks, but then I checked the blogs of my friends, and realize that they update about as often as I do, so I don't feel so bad. Yes, that is a terrible excuse, but it seems to appease my conscience, so I am using it.
Things have been going really well here in Jordan. I am finally starting to feel like I know what I am doing. I know a fair amount of people that I can spend time with when I am not studying or running around the city trying to take care of retarded bureaucratic issues. I have also managed to finally figure out the bus system here, more or less. Of course part of figuring out involved realizing that there really is not much system at all...Wednesday is an Islamic holiday, so clssses are canceled Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Which means the University will also be closed from Tues. - Sat. Most of the time during these holidays families gather together and celebrate the holiday together. I am not sure what that means for me, but I think it means I will have lots of time to study alone at my house. I am still hoping to go to some friends house, but I don't think it is common to invite foreigners over to celebrate the holiday. Also, most of the stores and shops are also closed, or at least the small ones, so I need to make sure I buy plenty of humus, falafel, and bread (which has become my replacement for peanut butter).
I will try to write more later, but right now I have a meeting at the physics department. Hope every one is doing well.

5 comments:

Kassandra said...

Hey Noah! Sounds like things are going well for you. That's good to hear. :o) I don't know if Mike has told you or not, bue we got engaged on Saturday night, December 15th. :o) We're so excited. So, I just wanted to share the good news with you. :o) We'll be praying for you!

Jenn said...

Hey Noah!! I just got home from Ninilchik. It was nice visiting with Mom and Dad but reallly busy. I had a nice time though. Mom is doing good after her surgery and I am sure Dad has told you all about it. I'll try to send you some peanut butter. Praying for you. Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hello Noah!!

Its deba here. Was just checkin in to see what was new in your world. I think of you often, and with each thought comes a prayer for your saftey and happiness.

We're all doing relatively well here. Luke and Molly are expecting their baby girl in a month or so. Keep them in your prayers. Logan is still in Louisana, and won't be home for Christmas. We miss her and the kids madly. While your whispering a prayer for Luke, include her to will ya? Thanks Noah bear.
Merry Christmas honey. Love from my heart to yours..........deba

Mrs.Lambert said...

hey noah!just wanted to wish you a merry christmas!we sure do miss your smiling mug around here(: last night josh was reminiscing and he said that his favorite christmas was the one he spent in ninilchic with all you guys and apparently yall watched "tommy boy" and he said he'd never seen anybody laugh so hard as you did(: hahahaha then he said"man i sure miss that guy" anywayz,just thought id share that(: God bless you doh.ang(:

Anonymous said...

Noah!!!!!!!;o) Glad you found a substitute for Peanutbutter - hahahaha.. inside joke there... anyways. I just wanted you to know that we set up a family blog. IT's:www.crazy-brazil-nuts.blogspot.com Come "visit" us sometime. (Just don't use our last name,, that's top secret.) You should see the pictures of what happened to Travis' work truck.
We are thinking of you, Brother Noah!!! Take Care and may God richly bless ya. Laurel, for all