Thursday, November 8, 2007

a little of history

Last weekend was the first time I have had a chance to really get out of Amman and see some other parts of Jordan. I went with my roommate and another friend (whom I studied with in Wisconsin) to Jerash, where my roommates uncles owns a small olive orchard. We stayed there the night and then went to the ancient city of Jerash. It was originally an old roman city, and it still one of the most complete roman sites in the world. It was quite amazing.
Sorry this is the only picture I had time to upload. I'll post more later...I hope

4 comments:

Kassandra said...

wow, that's so cool. I would love to see all of that some day. I hope you're doing good. we all miss you, and are praying for you. Take care.

Jenn said...

That is so neat....I hope that you are doing good. We all love and miss you and are praying for you.

Happy Girl said...

Hi there Noah, That's great that you were able to get out and see more places. Do you remember at Phil's when you were showing me your camera? Well, I ended up buying the same camera one except that it is the S5. I really like it but it has it's downfalls.It's minor things such as deleting all of my pictures. But hey, that's no big right? :o)(note my sarcasm)Have you had any problems with things like that? I think that I need to just find your email address and write you. This is going to take a whole page! Have a great day!
Lanae`

Anonymous said...

Noah, what an amazing picture. It really makes you think about history! And all it implies...

Jim and I went to the oldest walled city in West Germany when we were first married...it was called Rothenburg. I wish I could remember more about our site-seeing from those years. I guess I didn't pay that much attention, because I thought we would live there much longer than we did.

Anyway, enough about what is missing in my "memory lane". Just wanted to say we are thinking about who we are thankful for. We are very thankful for you and what you are doing. We will miss your face at the Thanksgiving table.