Thursday, November 22, 2007

Its Thanksgiving???

Hey everyone, Happy Thanksgiving...eventhough I had forgotten about thanksgiving until about four days ago, when Mike sent me an email asking if I was doing any special. I didn't even know that today was Thanksgiving, cause I never keep track of which is the 4th Thursday in Novemeber. In the states everyone knows, and you don't have to keep track. Also, I still confuse Thursday and Friday here. Thursday is the last work/school day and Friday/Saturday are the days off. So if you count presenting your research proposal as something special, then yes, I am doing something special for Thanksgiving. Oh, and I had a chicken sandwich for lunch...chicken is kind of like turkey, right? unfortunately though, pie does not exist in this country. However, all in all, it does not bother me that I am not celebrating the holiday (I know, how cold and un-American of me). I prefer to just live here and try to be as much of a Jordanian as I can...although I don't do a very good job of it most the time.
Anyway, I hope everyone back in the States has a wonderful Thanksgiving. Feel free to eat my share of pie, I know that is a tough task, but I am sure some one will step up the challenge (if no one else does, it is Dave's job...you have to eat the ice cream too...it will help your guns grow). Hopefully it was not too cold for the traditional hockey game. By the way it dropped all the way down to 45-50 yesterday. I got a good laugh looking at people wearing more winter clothes than we do when it is -20...I wore a T-shirt, and got lots of strange looks. OK, I have to go to my meeting. take care everyone,

Noah (sorry the internet is still not cooperating with pictures...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big Dave and I are headed to the Humphrey's house tomorrow I"ll make sure he eats your share of pie I might even help him a bit. Have you seen the picture on Krista's blog of all the pie plates? I guess Suzie told Jordan that if he bought more of them she would make more pie so he naturally sprung into action.

Love you lots

Aaron

Anonymous said...

Noah
The annual hockey game went off as normal except Caleb got a little banged up in trying to check Jordan. As for the weather the temperature was in the plus 30 and 40, it is unbelievable the kind of winter we are having, but we are greatful because of the price of heating oil.
We have divided the church up into four teams of outreach and each is assigned to give out 250 tracts with a post card offering a study. I got up at 4 this monring and went to Wal Mart for the big day after Thanksgiving sale. There were line up back more than 100 yards. I only took half the tracts and had them passed out in 4-5 mintures. By the time Jordan got back with the rest they were starting to open the doors, but my team got rid of all but 32. I am giving the groups until Christmas to get rid of them. Pray for some respones, not only because of the need of those who received them but I know it would be a tremendous encouragement to those who are passing them out.
GH

Jenn said...

Well, Noah, I am sure glad that you are doing well. We are all praying for you and praying for some contacts. We had a great time on Thanksgiving and I am still tired and sore from the hockey game. Love you and we are praying for you....Jenn and the family